Inclusive Childhood Education
体育足球比分It has been said that if you want to make a difference in the world, become a teacher. You can make a difference—in your life and the lives of future generations—by enrolling in Fisher’s inclusive childhood education program.
体育足球比分The program is deemed “inclusive” because, as an undergraduate education candidate, you will work toward dual certification in general education and special education. Combine that with a second, required content major and you have the makings of an education that leaves your career options wide open.
As early as your first semester of freshman year, you'll have access to a dedicated education candidate advisor who can help you create a long-term plan to meet all your major and degree requirements.
The inclusive childhood education major requires 49-52 credits. You will also complete a second major or concentration in a content/liberal arts area. Content areas include:
- English (literature)
- Mathematics (mathematics or statistics major)
- Social Studies (American studies or history major)
Other choices of a second major or concentration are possible through consultation with the department chair.
In addition to required course work, you will be required to successfully complete a set of classes and field experiences relating to teacher education.
Life After Fisher
With a B.S. degree in inclusive childhood education from Fisher, you are qualified to teach in a variety of settings and capacities. Graduates of this program have gone on to hold positions in the following regional locations:
- Third grade teacher within the Penfield Central School District
- Second grade teacher of dual language subjects at Rochester’s Enrico Fermi School No. 17
- Elementary special education teacher within the Rochester City School District
- Literacy coach at French Road Elementary School
- Superintendent of schools at East Rochester Union Free School District
As a teacher, you will be a highly-trained, forward-thinking professional. Entering the teaching profession today will set you on a path of discovery.Benefits of Teaching