Fannie & Sam Constantino First Generation Scholarship Program
体育足球比分The First Generation Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to high school students who exhibit a high degree of motivation and academic potential, and whose parents did not graduate from college.
Recipients receive yearly awards of one-half the total cost of tuition and room and board. Since a large percentage of our alumni stay in the Rochester area, such a program serves to reinforce the College’s commitment to the greater Rochester community.
Note: We are no longer accepting applications to the First Generation Scholarship Program for fall 2020. The application will open for the 2021-2022 academic year in late summer.
- Have demonstrated academic motivation and success throughout high school
- Be first generation college students (parents did not graduate from college)
- Be high school seniors planning to attend Fisher in the following fall semester
Regular admission standards typically include a high school GPA of B/B+ and a strong high school curriculum.
体育足球比分Candidates choosing to apply for HEOP will not be eligible to compete for this scholarship.
体育足球比分In order to retain their awards while engaged in full-time study as matriculated students, First Generation students are required to:
- Complete community service preparation workshop during their first semester of enrollment and at least 30 hours of community service during each of the succeeding seven semesters of enrollment at the College
- Complete the two-course learning community entitled Leadership Through Self-Development during the fall semester of the first year
- Complete the six service learning seminars offered by the program, beginning with the spring semester of the first year (First Generation Scholars earn a 0.5 academic credit hour for each seminar completed; seminars are letter graded)
Benefits of the First Generation Program
体育足球比分The first-year program of coursework and advising at the College is ideally suited to meet the needs of first generation students. Fisher offers students access to an outstanding faculty who can enable students to discover their natural abilities and to develop their minds.
体育足球比分First Generation Scholarship recipients participate in a Learning Community designed to assist them in making a successful transition to a college environment.
Giving Back to the Rochester Community
体育足球比分First Generation Scholars participate in an academic mentoring program in the Rochester community. This program allows them to mentor younger students in ways that encourage their interest in and pursuit of a college education.